What to expect
- The mission of our Pilates class is to elongate, strengthen and tone your body while improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
- Most Pilates Classes consists of a 45 minute comprehensive full body stretching and core workout.
- Pilates classes are designed to cater to all fitness levels.
- If you are age 13-17 you will be required to have written parental/guardian permission
- The Pilates studio is on a different floor than the bathrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- It is required that all participants bring a mat, bottle of water and towel to class.
- There will be cubbies in the studio for storage of personal items each class.
- All participants will also have access to the locker rooms at USM including showers, bathrooms and locker.
Lockers and Towel Service
- USM has 3,6, or 12 month service on towels and lockers or day use lockers, a ski locker .25cents or day use towel for $1.00
- Half locker; 3 month $7, 6 months 13, 12 month $24
- Full locker; 3 month $12, 6 months $18, 12 month – $30
- Towel Service; 3 month – $7, 6 month $12, 12 month $20
Showers and Locker Rooms
All Locker room amenities at Sullivan Gym are available for use by participants.
What to wear
There are many exercises in Pilates where you are lying down and your legs are moving above you so you so not want to wear shorts that can ride up, instead, capris or leggings with a tank top or fitted shirt. As for footwear, you can either be bare foot, wear socks or sneakers for your session.
Participants can park for free on one side of Falmouth St or the garage. You can park without a permit in Sullivan Gym Parking lot between 6:00 – 11 pm and from 5:00 –7 am, Monday – Friday, and on weekends or University holidays.
Policies and Cancellations
Sign up and payment can all be done online through the scheduling tool Fitli. You must create your own account, then you are able to select the class you are interested in, payment method, and determine if you want to pay per class price or buy a class package rate.
Cancellation Policy for Cycle and Pilates: You are guaranteed a spot in class once payment is received and you sign up in an available slot. If you cancel within 24 hours you will can transfer that class to another time. If less than 24 hours, you forfeit class fee.
Snow Day: When USM declares a snow day or the University is closed, classes will be cancelled for that day.
Email or share on facebook or instagram!
University of Southern Maine
Second floor of Sullivan Gym Building
66 Falmouth Street
Portland, Maine 04103