What to expect
- The mission of our spin class is to create an environment that allows you to dig deeper and amplify your fitness, enrich your life and ultimately have fun doing it!
- All riders must sign a waiver on site before they are able to participate in any class.
- Most Cycle Class consists of a 5 minute warm up, and intense 50 minute class and a 5 minute cool down.
- It is suggested you arrive 15 minutes before class begins, studio will be opened at least 20 minutes before class begins.
- All new or experienced riders should be fit properly to the bike before class begins.
- Cycle classes are designed to cater from the beginner to experienced rider.
- If you are age 13-17 you will be required to have written parental/guardian permission.
- The spin studio is on a different floor than the bathrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- It is required that all participants bring a bottle of water and towel to class.
- There will be cubbies in the spin studio for storage of personal items each class.
- All participants will also have access to the locker rooms at USM including showers, bathrooms and locker.
What to wear
All participants should make sure they wear appropriate clothing, bike shorts or tight fitting bottoms are highly recommended.
The right cycling shoe can make a good cycle class great. Cycling shoes should be made of light, breathablae materials and conform closely to the shape of the foot for greater comfort, and clip in cycle shoes feature stiff soles that transfer even more power to the pedal and offer a better connection to the bike.
Lockers and Towel Service
- USM has 3,6, or 12 month service on towels and lockers or day use lockers, a ski locker .25cents or day use towel for $1.00
- Half locker; 3 month $7, 6 months 13, 12 month $24
- Full locker; 3 month $12, 6 months $18, 12 month – $30
- Towel Service; 3 month – $7, 6 month $12, 12 month $20
Showers and Locker Rooms
All Locker room amenities at Sullivan Gym are available for use by participants.
Participants can park for free on one side of Falmouth St or the garage. You can park without a permit in Sullivan Gym Parking lot between 6:00 – 11 pm and from 5:00 –7 am, Monday – Friday, and on weekends or University holidays.
Policies and Cancellations
Sign up and payment can all be done online through the scheduling tool Fitli. You must create your own account, then you are able to select the class you are interested in, payment method, and determine if you want to pay per class price or buy a class package rate.
Cancellation Policy for Cycle and Pilates: You are guaranteed a spot in class once payment is received and you sign up in an available slot. If you cancel within 24 hours you will can transfer that class to another time. If less than 24 hours, you forfeit class fee.
Snow Day: When USM declares a snow day or the University is closed, classes will be cancelled for that day.
Email or share on facebook or instagram!
University of Southern Maine
Second floor of Sullivan Gym Building
66 Falmouth Street
Portland, Maine 04103